Friday 22 February 2019

Goverment Firepower .


The Coehorn mortar was used frequently for field actions during the Jacobite rebellions , at Glen Shiel in 1719 and at Prestonpans and Culloden , it was popular because it was light and easily transportable plus it's high trajectory was ideal  for shelling targets on the steep glens in Scotland . 


I thought I must have one for my Government forces . Of course nobody does one in 1/72nd scale , I am going to use the Imex AWI British gunners for my artillery crews and their gun looks like a small howitzer - so I cut one up - removing the wheels , trail etc and mounted it on a thin piece of MDF to look like a Coehorn . The crew have been given larger cuffs and coat tails using 'green stuff' to make them look more in period . I'm afraid the photo doesn't show thing very well I will post a photo when they're painted .


8 comments: