Thursday 21 February 2019

A Slight Deviation .


I had the table set up for a TSATF N.W. Frontier game ( http://tonystoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2019/02/return-to-rogan-josh-valley-part1.html) Then I remembered my old gaming pal 'R' was calling round , since he moved to the deep South I don't see him very often so whilst visiting family up here he was calling for a game . Not wishing to force my eccentricities on other people (TSATF isn't for everyone) I converted the table from the N.W of Indian to the N.W of Italy and we played a game set in the Italian wars of Independence 1860ish .


We used 'Black Powder' a set of rules we both know and I was the Austrians and 'R' was the Piedmontese . It was an encounter game between to advance guard forces trying to capture the bridge over the river . 'R' got there first with his Lancers and drove off my Hussars whilst his infantry moved up .


It was a quick and eventful game but due to my poor leadership values of my Generals I struggled to respond to his attacks and soon the casualties mounted up (the red counters) and my force fell apart before my reinforcements could arrive  , a great game even though I lost and proves you can fight a game successfully with BP without masses of figures .



2 comments:

  1. "TSATF isn't for everyone"

    Sir, I nearly choked on my port on reading that!

    However the alternative you put on does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think there was a time element involved , TSATF has to be savoured like a fine port .

      Delete