Monday 30 April 2018

King Of The Wild Frontier.


Been revamping my Tex- Mex figures , re-doing bases and chipped paint etc , I had also purchased some of the 'Boot Hill' figures which I had never got painted so I've been painting them up as well. Here we see David Crockett (centre) with some of his volunteers and a couple of Tejanos Mexicans .


Behind them is a MDF church which I have been busy building , it is by 'Sarissa' and is quite the business ! , I find 'Sarissa' easier to put together than the '4 Ground' buildings , they are not as detailed , a bit more robust - but come unpainted . 


The 'Boot Hill' figures also come with a mounted version, here is Davy and his posse , behind them is a 'Sarissa' Adobe Railway Station which I have converted into a Hacienda type building .


Technology has moved on since I first painted my figures and I have started replacing the rather sad tattered ones with some down-loaded ones from the 'Boot Hill' site .


A selection of Texian flags - the Gonzales 'Come And Take It' , New Orleans Greys' and the 'San Jacinto' flags . I'm starting to play some games which I will illustrate next time.





6 comments:

  1. Tony,
    A nice bit of figure painting of the Alemo style- the buildings look great- you've done a fine job. Looking forward to your future game. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sprayed them white then shaded them with ink , the roofs lift off so they could be painted separately.

      Delete
  2. Those look great. What rules are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is rather up in the air at the moment , most of the battles here really skirmishes of only a few hundred men , have a copy of Sharp Practise I got off Ebay I'm reading .

      Delete
  3. Very nice...
    A rather tempting period and a lovely range of miniatures.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Boot Hill are rather nice , most of my forces are Old Glory but the match size wise .

      Delete