Monday 10 July 2017

2nd Battalion Azovsky Regiment.


Been very productive the last week or so getting most of the Crimean figures I'd got cleaned up painted . Here is the Russian Infantry Regiment Azov , the problem with Russian Infantry is that they all look the same . 


They have painted up very quickly , I gave them a good coat of high gloss yacht varnish to seal the paint so it won't flake then a coat of matt varnish - which isn't truly matt (are they ever ?) but gives a pleasing satin finish .


Whilst I'm on a roll I've decided to do some Turkish Bashi- Bazouks to give the Turkish contingent a bit of cavalry , they are again Strelets and cleaned up fairly well , they are fixed to their horses using dress pins . Next up 42nd Highlanders .



9 comments:

  1. Excellent work! Thank goodness the Russians had the foresight to at least color-code their shoulder boards and colors!

    Dullcote ain't what it used to be in my humble opinion. Years ago, I could count on a dead flat finish. Now, it is hit and miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using Vallejo Matt which seems to vary from tube to tube

      Delete
  2. A fearsome looking bunch. I saw the Bashi Bazouk set. Would you recommend them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes in my opinion they are nice - a bit of flash maybe and will need pinning to their horses but very individualistic !

      Delete
  3. They may have been fast but they look good. (Satin beats flat anyway imho)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.
    ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete