Monday 21 December 2015

Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers .


I've got the three extra 54mm figures I cast up painted and varnished and was going to do a photo shoot outside (the natural environment of 54mm figures) but the weather has been wet yet again so had to resort to my usual set up in the bathroom ( experience has shown it has the best lighting for photographing toy soldiers).


Here we see them with the rest of the finished unit , next year I plan to cast up some more 'Germanic' figures for there opponents 'Army Black' .


It was only when I came to put this photo on 'blogger' that I noticed - a) the dust on the bases of the older figures and b) the new figures are a slightly darker shade of grey - damn ! as it's nearly three years since I painted the original figures I've obviously forgotten which paint I used , perhaps it's not too noticeable .



8 comments:

  1. The beauty of yacht varnish is the dust will easily wipe off...looking forward to seeing some Teutons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have given them a good dusting 1 , got some figures cast and hopefully get them glued up after Christmas, Tony

      Delete
  2. Splendid unit - fine looking fellows

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the old 'Volunteer' units are sadly neglected. Perhaps the older chaps uniforms have faded a bit in the sun? That's why they are lighter than the new issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some brilliant volunteer battalions out there, the colour difference is not to noticable, Tony

      Delete
  4. Ah new recruits! They look shiny and keen but they'll soon settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Casting up some opposition for them next, Tony

    ReplyDelete