Monday 23 November 2015

42mm Uhlans For The SYW .


Been feeling a bit under the weather of late (Man Flu or Consumption) which has slowed the painting down a bit , but I have managed to get the rest of my Prince August Uhlans done.


They are based on the Saxon Uhlan regiment Graf Renard but as the figure is not quite right and I might want to use them for both sides  I have only done an approximation of the uniform.


To make them more irregular I've given them a selection of different coloured horses . This is quite a complicated figure to cast and I was surprised how well the came out of the mould with hardly any mis-casts . The next figures on my painting table to do are 10mm AWI which will be a total change .



9 comments:

  1. Terrific action filled figures looking great in their uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange but some of the semi-flat figures have more energy about them than a lot of modern figures, Tony

      Delete
  2. Nothing like painting when your nose is dripping, is there? My commiserations, having spent the weekend in a similar condition..

    Great looking uhlans! They have responded really well to your very painterly style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly getting better (gallant little trooper) , think you have to be rather dramatic with the shading to get the best out of the figures , Tony

      Delete
  3. A dashing horde to be sure. I initially had trouble with missing hooves and a hole in the lance but eventually I sorted them. 15 years later they are still waiting for the 2nd squadron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I had the odd hoof missing, a nice figure, Tony

      Delete
  4. Very good painting on a dynamic figure. Hope you are feeling more chipper soon (clearly caused by too many doughnuts in Reading).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eaten to regularly those donuts would cause untold havoc, feeling a bit better now, Tony

      Delete