Sunday 10 March 2024

The Library in tidy mode (for now)

 


I've finally got my bookshelves (or more grandly - The Library) tidy , a veiw to the north . I now think I know where all my books are and although to the untrained eye it appears a jumble .


The veiw to the south , rather awkward trying to photograph them without clambering over the spare bed etc .The shelves are adorned with various knick-nacks , memorabilia and my collection of WW1 pilot/aircrew figures . I'm pleased to have got it done and slightly alarmed at the number books that have been taken to various charity shops , but I feel strangly cleansed and rather pleased.(click on the photos to enlarge and peruse the shelves)



15 comments:

  1. A great looking library.
    But, shelved two-deep with more laid horizontally on top and then pinned in place by figures - much as I regret some of my down-sizing when I moved I am so pleased to have rid these features from my, now, 'more select' collection, albeit it's already growing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - very nice. I’m looking along your shelves and, for a fair few of ‘em, saying “got it, got it, got it” as well as the occasional “ooooh - that looks interesting” (although Amazon isn’t being especially helpful of filling the few “holes” in my wants list).
    Cheers,
    Geoff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit I love peering at people's bookshelves

      Delete
  3. It looks just the place for reading and ruminating, and your book collection looks to be a fine one. Is there a reading chair to hand there, or is that in another place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can lounge on the spare bed , but I usualy read downstairs

      Delete
  4. A very nice collection and you have got it looking grand, most of my books are in boxes, something I really have to sort out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine looking library Tony…
    It’s certainly a lot tidier than mine at the moment…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure have a lot of Books- are they all Toy Soldier- Wargames titles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like books - a lot of history and archaeology titles and a good smattering of wargaming titles

      Delete
  7. Toy soldiers and books, my two favorite things! It looks great to me Tony, and a wonderful place to while away the hours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you acquire those fine looking bookshelves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend who was a woodworker made them for me years ago , more or less in situ .

      Delete