Friday 23 February 2024

Whilst the Cat is away !

 


My wife is away this weekend , so I thought it was the ideal time to set up a Seven Years War game using my Wofun 2D plastic figures . Nearest the camera the Prussians and in the distance the Russians - a new army that I have been slowly building up over the last few months .I will be using the Honours of War ruleset .


Frederick consults with his Cavalry Brigadier . I have yet to win against the Russians - they have inferior Cavalry but the Infantry is as good as the Prussians - but their Command system is slow and rather antiquated.


Behind the Prussian Artillery looking towards the Russian lines.


The Prussian Grenadier Brigade who (hopefully)will be supporting the Cavalry with an attack on the Russian right.


Prussian Frei Korp who will be annoying the Russian left flank , the coin is to remind me if they have been activated - they are a small independent unit.


The Russian General Staff - facing the wrong way (for the sake of the photo) and getting very enthusiastic ! - the Green counter denotes this Brigadier is 'Dithering' (Oh dear)


On the Russian left a unit of Cossacks - an independent unit of 'Inferior' cavalry.


On the Russian right - a Battery of Artillery Hopefully I will be able to report back on how the game progresses over the next few days .















12 comments:

  1. Will be looking forward to this battle, nice table and always good to see your Wofun figures on the table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a great fan of Wofun and I always enjoy playing HOW rules.

      Delete
  2. So long as you indulge in moderation. It wouldn't do to have the wife return to find you passed out on the table clutching a half full dice cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to say, I like these figures. Very characterful.
    Now tell the truth, what are you really getting up to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've got to walk the dog and go shopping as well .

      Delete
  4. Everything looks great Tony! Those Wofun figures are quite impressive en masse! I look forward to your battle report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes not to everyone's taste but I hate to think how long it would have taken me to paint them .

      Delete
  5. Looking good Tony. I talked myself out of getting involved in Wofun, but I have to say that they always look very impressive when I see them nicely set up. The 3D guns help greatly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them , but I realise 2d Iis not to everyone's taste - but you do get to play with them straight away !

      Delete
  6. They look great, somehow they suit the period just right!

    ReplyDelete