Saturday 10 February 2024

Two steps forward, one back

Well a bit of role reversal to the above, Mrs K works I cook. STILL no Internet BUT an Open Reach engineer is coming out - it seems to be the phone connection box in the house that is the problem, Hmm !? we will see (if you notice a media article about a pensioner holding a phone engineer to ransom- it's me !)
On the plus side I decided to get a new tablet as a back up device, called into the the EE shop in town and added one to my phone account (trying it out on this post), I enquired of the young woman who served me what the link between EE and BT was ?, evidently BT bought out EE for their shops - she added "BT are s**te ! , a statement I concur with ! . The photo above is of The Good Soldier Svejk I came across, he being one of my literary hero's

6 comments:

  1. Perfect depiction of the Good Soldier. My copy of Svek--picked up decades ago (now that I think of it)--has survived several book culls to date and will always have a place on my shelf (right alongside Heller's Catch 22).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Tony, very appropriate! Good luck with your continued travails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just getting my head round this new device at the moment.

      Delete
  3. Still not read Svjek yet - what's the nearest thing in style to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit Marmite , written by an eccentric alcoholic originally serialised for a magazine and never finished , about one man's struggle against the system, rambling, humouress, I originally had to read it at school for exam in an abridged form and I got hooked .

      Delete