Tuesday 9 January 2024

Toy Soldiers in Art No.12


 

I came across this photo in one of the books I got for Christmas,  I remember having this book as a child , Toby Twirl was a cartoon pig who appeared in a series of books published in the 40's and 50's . I can't remember what the story was about but it involved two opposing armies of toy soldier type characters,  the red army being the goodies and the blue ones the baddies-the goodies won ! . I'm doing this on my mobile phone which is not ideal as we are awaiting BT reconnecting our Internet,  which is taking b****y ever !!!!

8 comments:

  1. A wonderful illustration Tony! Anything with toy soldier type characters is of interest to me! Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had totally forgotten about these books but instantly remembered seeing the illustration , it was a long time ago.

      Delete
  2. What a blast form the past, I remember my mother buying some Toby Twirl books from a jumble sale when I was a wee boy, some lovely memories stirred by this post from a lifetime ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This illustration brought back memories, I had totally forgotten about Toby Twirl.

      Delete
  3. Was not aware of these stories/books, but the illustrations are certainly charming and bring me back to memories of similar depictions from "those days." Thanks for taking the bother to post with your phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the took me back , hopefully will be back 'on air' next week.

      Delete