Saturday 20 January 2024

And we're back !!!!

From this ! -
To this !! - Well my hair and beard are greyer but I'm just as pleased .I won't bore you with the whole sad tale which I was let down by Plusnet and saved by BT . The problem was with Open Reach who do the phone lines and don't want to relink phones and would rather people used their mobiles (which a lot of people do) and the inability of Plusnet to fix anything. I was told by Plusnet I would be connected on friday (19th) , on the 19th I recieved a email from them saying it would be the 1st February before it was fixed ! , I was enraged, and phoned them, and calmly told them what I thought of their efforts - they were sorry (they always are) but told me that even if I swapped providers it would still take 10 days (!st Feb) I told them I was dissapointed by their effort and I would take my business elswhere (believe it or not I kept my cool whilst speaking to them - but was heavy with the sarcasm) . I then photed BT ,the young lady said true it would be 10 days to activate my system BUT she would send me a 'hybrid hub' as well as a new hub which would boose my 4G signal and enable use to get the internet - so within 24 hours I got my hubs and have got the internet ! HUZZA !!!..... normal service will be back soon .

8 comments:

  1. Good to get it all back Tony- I went without Internet for around ten days due to a lightning strike...I had to buy a new Modem for $200 and also a new Computer Monitor for $240...though well pleased to have the Net again -all good in the end. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Disturbing, but not surprised, to hear about the Open Reach policy. It's part of a depressing large trend. It's only a matter of time until you won't be able to do anything unless it's via some damn app on a smartphone, to include make payments (there are already places in the US that have stopped accepting cash).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's alarming how relient we are on the internet , cash is increasingly uncommon in the UK as well.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Tony on having your Internet back and for keeping your temper in check! A difficult task I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it was frustration rather than anything else , talking to endless people on the phone who are 'sorry' but powerless to do anything.

      Delete