Friday 7 July 2023

Almmania Quick Fire Artillery .

 


Made rather slow progress with painting this week and I decided to do the gun and crew for the Almannia Expeditionary Force (AEF) artillery and mounted Officer. 


I had to drill and fit axles to the chassis for the wheels to fit on which was a bit tricky, but once undercoated it looks okay . Based up the crew and they have painted up well in a Germanic uniform .


The C in C of the AEF, Karl von Bismark the cousin of the more famous German statesman . Karl is somewhat of a disappointment to his family having failed in the catering industry (*the great Strudel Disaster) , he used his families influence to gain a position in the army and has been given command of the expeditionary force - how he will fair will be reveled when I get some more Infantry painted and onto the tabletop.
*a failed collaboration with the Kipling Bakery firm which ended in disaster as it became apparent that Karl von Bismark knew nothing about catering or cake baking.

 



14 comments:

  1. Another wonderful paint job Tony! They look so good and I love your photo-shop of the cannon shot! Poor Karl, strudel can be very tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have turned out really well, lovely painting, I really like the mounted von Bismark, great figure and top notch painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments , I'm enjoying painting these.

      Delete
  3. Tony, I can't justify a third scale, going to stick to 28mm for my historical wargames, and 54mm for gloss toy soldier gaming. But these figures do look good, and the paintwork is elegant. Very nicely done!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyesight is leaning me towards the larger scales nowadays.

      Delete
  4. These are 'top drawer'! They've really come up a treat; my favourite is the artillery officer on foot with the binoculars, his rosy cheeks make him the pinnacle of toy soldier excellence. What's more, I'm sure he's a professional and if Karl heeds his advice all should turn out for the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad somebody noticed the rosy cheeks ! , thanks for the kind comments.

      Delete
  5. Nice work Tony - your going really well with this Project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super, nice addition to your collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , they are a somewhat unexpected diversion .

      Delete
  7. They look great! (and I love the gunflash and smoke).

    ReplyDelete