Thursday 25 August 2022

Oh no ! not another new project !


So I've been watching the evolution of the new Copplestone 30mm toy soldier style figures with great interest . They are a range of Inter-war Imagination figures and they have got my juices running ! . Having done quasi European Imaginations I thought for a change of scene I would travel to South America a continent rich in potential - hence 'Nacho Wars' was conceived !.


The two combatants are Nuevo Rico and their rival the Republic del los Cocos who fought a little know war in the high Andes in the 1920s.


The figures have arrived - very chunky large 30mm in the Copplestone style and I hope to get some samples painted . For rules I'm going off-piste and using a version of Memoire 44 boardgame rules. Luckily I have an old copy of Almarks 'Nacho Wars' * for uniform details  and brief history of the war ..
*sadly now out of print and hard to find ..







 

20 comments:

  1. Don't forget the also little known Taco Wars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , but I was going with the more well known Almark title .

      Delete
  2. Great pictures Tony and an interesting time period! It should make for a very exciting game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just after I cleared out all of my "never going to paint 'em" figures and said that I would not start any new collections. I look forward to at least the vicarious pleasures of following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've given over fooling myself with -no more periods !

      Delete
  4. Good to hear your starting a new Project Tony. The 30mm Copplestone Miniatures sound very promising- look forward to seeing some photos of them later on. Imaginations? A good way to go for sure. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My order has just arrived so cleaning up and undercoating will start this afternoon. I really like the concept and Memoir '44 is an inspiration for my rules. Having painted a lot of 42 and 54mm figures over the last few months I can only say that they look really small...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I would go with Memoir 44 as I enjoy it as a boardgame .

      Delete
  6. Ai cuaracha! (or something like that.....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a cracking new project, I have drooled over the Copplestone range myself. I love Memoir '44 too, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you do!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the 'old toy soldier' look of his new collection .

      Delete
  8. Wouldn't that make it Memoria '32?
    Scarce book that Almark. It's almost as rare as the Bellona Salsa Wars title.......☺
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been after that Salsa Wars book for ages !

      Delete
  9. I will be interested to see where this takes you, had a look at these figures and they look the part but a project to much for me to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I use a version of Memoir 44 I will be only using units of 4 figures , so only about 40 figures per side maybe ?

      Delete
  10. Lovely looking figures.Looking forward to your painted samples.

    ReplyDelete