Sunday 19 June 2022

The urge to push lead .

 


Having unpacked and sorted out post-holiday I got the urge to get some figures on the tabletop and play a game . I went for my 'go too' set of rules - A Gentleman's War and got out a couple of my 40mm Imagination armies that have not seen the light of day for a while . So the Armies of Treboria and Ferraro Rocher take the field . I diced for the location of units using Donald Featherstone's method (1 left flank,, 2 left center 3 center, 4 right center, 5 right flank, 6 player chooses)


I drew 2 resource cards, the Treborian General had his mistress inflicted on him by the enemy (she distracts him) 


The Treborians drew 'Regimental Mascot' , 'Biffa the mascot of the British Legione (improves morale).


The Army of Ferraro Rocher is being lead by King Paul II himself and he has brought to the field a newly formed unit of 'Soldatii de Furtuna ' - crack assault troops armed with the newly developed 'Grenade ale mortii' . Both sides have 4 line units , 2 reservists units, 1 Artillery piece , 1 Cavalry unit and 1 'special' infantry unit . I will be reporting back as the action grows hot ! 







8 comments:

  1. A brave looking start. Do the semiflats count as a 'difficult target' when fired at from dead aheaad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to further developments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A marvelous beginning Tony! I'm looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like my sort of game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'A Gentleman's War' is one of my favorite sets of rules.

    ReplyDelete