Friday 19 June 2020

The Sacred and the Profane .


I've had these photos on my phone for about a week so I thought I'd better get them on the blog before I loose them . First the Russian Crimean war religious group , ideal for boosting the morale of the troops . The figures are Strelets 1/72nd from the General Staff and Hospital box .


Next is Captain Louis Nolan , here seen with Lord Cardigan - " there my Lord is your enemy !" , he is a conversion from a 17th Lancer Officer painted in the uniform of the 15th Light Dragoons . Both figures are 20mm Strelets who do some brilliant personality figures in their boxed sets .


8 comments:

  1. Good conversions on Capt Nolan, he looks the part, whilst Lord Cardigan looks suitably haughty. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky with the original Lancer pose to get the figure right.

      Delete
  2. Nice work there Tony on Captain Nolan- it is great fun converting plastic 1/72nd to get what you need. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do many conversions but I do enjoy doing them .

      Delete
  3. Wonderful painting on these!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vignette and command figures

    ReplyDelete