Wednesday 24 June 2020

Proverbs 26 : 11 *





So having sold off my Ancient figures to fund other projects what could be more natural but to buy into another Ancient ruleset and start purchasing more new figures for it ! (well it makes sense to me in a perverted sort of way ) . I got their starter set off Ebay rather cheaply and it has enough figures for two warbands - one Caesarian Roman and the other Gauls . The rules are large skirmish about 10 to 30 per side depending on the nations and troop types .


The figures are a mixture of multi-part plastics and resin and are rather nice , here's a couple of Roman Legionaries I've painted up . I cheated with the shield designs and used the transfers that are included in the box . , there's a bit of work to do on the bases to finish them off . 


For the Gauls a Druid which is a resin one piece casting . I think I'm going to enjoy painting these figures and have started reading through the rules which seem simple enough and very scenario driven - which I like . More to follow .....
* As a dog returneth to it's vomit , so a fool returneth to his folly 






9 comments:

  1. Looks like an exciting project. Great painting and I love the bases so far... Recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bases are covered with green Basetex , which seems to be very hard to get nowadays .

      Delete
  2. These figures look great. I will be interested to read about what you make of the rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rules seem simple enough , think it will be the scenarios that make them work .

      Delete
  3. Looks like a nice project Tony (avoid the dog vomit where possible)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you getting a good start with your new project Tony- The painted Romans look great. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited,Thank you for sharing good topic.
    card games

    ReplyDelete