Thursday 31 October 2019

A work in progress and a change in painting style .


After painting lots of O.S. 42mm and plastic Jacobite figures I felt like a change so I decided on some Samurai personality figures . There is a newish box of figures for 'Test of Honour' call 'Unlikely Allies' and this figure is the Clan Envoy , I have shamelessly pinched the colour scheme from the box art as I can never think of convincing coloured clothing for Japanese figures . I used my wet palette and Liquitex artist acrylics to paint him . I going to paint the others up in the next week or so and I am liking the change of painting style and pace . 



8 comments:

  1. and I like the results!

    (sometimes I miss my old Liquitex tubes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use them for 'one off' figures and for horses . Some of them don't cover as well as modern modelling acrylics .

      Delete
  2. Very nice work. You can hear him saying " konichi wa Tony san " (if I remember Shogun correctly).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard Chamberlin if I remember rightly , a blast from the past .

      Delete
  3. Lovely figure!
    By the way I am in a mind to get my Scandinavian Bronze Age figures for a game? Did you ever work on/add to your rules you wrote? I fancy giving them a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some ideas , but can't find my notes now , I used 'Dragon Rampant' to add a bit of mysticism to the game .

      Delete