Thursday 27 December 2018

First Troop Done !.


Well 'Christmasy things' have got in the way of any serious work on the various projects that need finishing but I have managed to get these figures done and gloss varnished .


There will be another Troop of Horse and a command group to paint up to complete this Regiment of Saxons but I'm taking a short break from 40mm figures to finish off some other things . There doesn't seem to be any info on Saxon cavalry musicians uniforms and I could have resorted to the reversed coloured coat  but instead went with the white coat and lacing on the sleeves etc .


10 comments:

  1. Very nice work there on your 40mm Cavalry Tony...I hope my Sci-Fi 35mm Figures turn out as good...I seem to have progressed well with modelling over Christmas- though it looks as though my Project won't be finished until towards the end of January 2019. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily there was only the basing and varnishing to do .

    ReplyDelete
  3. They painted up very nicely indeed. Never quite understood why the only cuirassiers were either standard bearers or pistoleers but that's now been fixed and these do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely Tony...
    The varnish really brings them to life.


    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done ! I never did more than a test cast or two with those particular cuirassier molds but you did a great job with them. The glossy look is just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the Prince August moulds are much easier to cast than others .

      Delete