Tuesday 20 November 2018

Well We Have Done It ! .


This Morning myself and Charlie did our thousandth mile , I started recording the mileage on the 31/01/18 and it has taken 43 weeks and that works out of an average of 3.3 miles per day . I missed recording any miles on 9 days - due to illness, bad weather and travelling to and from holiday . I've only recorded mileage when I've been walking the dog so going round to the shop etc . has not been noted. 


Here is my co-walker Charlie (posing nicely for once) being a Spaniel he has probably done at least 1,500 miles with his constant toing and froing . I am going to continue recording our mileage till the end of the year to see what the final total will be .


I thought I would take a photo to commemorate of 1000th mile , so took my camera with us . Unfortunately there was nobody about to take the photo so I had to balance the camera on the top of a field gate and put the timer on . This is about the fourth attempt (and not a brilliant one at that) - it fell over about twice taking shots of the sky and another that was very blurry and there was the problem of keeping the dog in shot (his interest in the project was waning after the second failure) so that is why I have a worried look on my face. I'm pleased I've done it and will give it another go next year.





20 comments:

  1. Very well done sir! Though I fear you may have underestimated Charlie’s mileage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done both............ and may I compliment you on your Barbour, that is how they are meant to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the dog has chewed it ! , there are murmurs of a new one for Christmas .

      Delete
  3. Excellent - well done, sir - I regret that i rather fell by the wayside this year, but hope to do better!

    The important news is.... do you feel better for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do think so , can walk up hill whilst talking now .

      Delete
  4. Congratulate that man (and his dog!).

    Well done Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you two! Does that average out to something like an hour a day most days? I've been after myself to up my walking time. Maybe I'll shoot for 500k in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are usually out just over an hour - hour and a half , which includes going for the paper and gossiping .

      Delete
  6. Well done, and if all your walking has been in places as picturesque as the one in shot, it will have been good for the soul as well as the body!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S. Lakes can be picturesque in between the rain showers and I am certain it benefits you mentally .

      Delete
  7. A great achievement! more power to your elbow, or should that be your knee?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done sir...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thanks , will keep up the score till the year end .

      Delete
  9. Thanks . didn't take as long as I first thought .

    ReplyDelete