Thursday 28 January 2016

'Manning Up' And Doing The Worthy.


There are some units that never get painted , you keep looking at the silver figures and put them back into the 'corner of shame' (under my gaming table where all the unpainted and unloved figures hide) . One of these has been my last unit of Austrian Napoleonic Hussars , I've painted two units of these already years ago (24 figures) and they were heavy going ! - I like Hussars in the Napoleonic period - so colourful ! , but are they a pain to paint ! , they are so 'busy', lots of different colours but sooooo complicated to paint ! . So when I pledged to finish off my Napoleonic lead pile I felt I had to 'man up' and get them done . It started badly - I sprayed the horses and because of the temperature/moisture they went grey ! as seen above , a bad omen !.


However I pressed on , I painted the the horses in batches of threes and then stuck the riders onto them (having painted the trousers / lower bodies) then did the top halves . I've got half the figures done so far - much to my surprise and delight and they await a coat of gloss varnish to finish them . Will post again when the unit is finally finished .


7 comments:

  1. Well done, everyone has figures they put off painting...I hate doing irregulars in different colour clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to have got over my phobia and getting them done , Tony

      Delete
  2. They are turning out better than I thought , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendid fellows. BTW what Napoleonic rules do you favour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think I’ve finally settled on 'Blackpowder' for my rules of choice, 'General DE Brigade' are good but a bit complecated for solo play, Tony

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an impressive effort to man up - respect!

    ReplyDelete