Friday, 3 July 2026

Home cast problems and a problem solved !


So the problem with using the 25mm Prince August molds is the lack of Prussian cavalry . I have used a Hussar mould for their Hussars , but I had a problem with making some Dragoons !


I had a root amongst my moulds and found what I think was a British Household cavalry mould . I cast some up, cut their heads off and added Prussian infantry heads with the good old covered shako ( a VERY fiddly job of which more anon) .


I then added the longer coat using 'green stuff' 


Think they will look okay with a black undercoat , will report back when I get more done. 







 

4 comments:

  1. Excellent conversion. You could also use this scheme to do some of the national cavalry regiments as well (same lines as dragoons, but often more colorful).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice conversion, looks the part.

    ReplyDelete