In nearly 60 years of wargaming I don't think I've ever had a historical personality General and definately not the 'Corsican Ogre' , so I thought it was about time I did !, thanks to 'S' who has been supplying my mounted command .
And his adversary Blucher 'Marshal Vorwarts' again a Hinchliffe model . I suspect they might be an guest apperance on the tabletop as I think my generalship might be lacking their skills . (click on photo to enlarge)


No historical general represented in 60 years? Wot?!! That is amazing. From choice, couldn't be bothered or didn't care?
ReplyDeleteYou have made some fine choices to rectify this terrible oversight. The Hinchliffe Napoleon is a particularly striking pose, I reckon. (He's one that I have used for one of the 23 command stand/vignettes of the fella that I am working on).
Best wishes, James
Not sure why it is I've never bothered, think I might have had a Hinchliffe General Lee in the distant past.
DeleteHurrah! Splendid command figures.
ReplyDeleteThank you , I'm pleased with them .
DeleteGreat choices for historical generals Tony! Beautiful paint jobs as usual! This might open the floodgates for you, could Wellington be next?
ReplyDeleteYes I am thinking Wellington !
DeleteVery nice, they are lovely figures and a very nice job on them, must admit I don't really bother with named generals myself, I can't recall having any!
ReplyDeleteI fear my generalship does not match that of the great captains .
Delete