Messing about with AI , I took this photo several years and asked AI to reproduce it as a Victorian postcard .
Interesting how AI can get carried away with itself - by putting the stamp on the wrong side of the cards, probably to enhance the Victorian feel of them. I'm still in two minds on AI !?.......
....... I remember HAL in 2001 A Space Odessey !



Yes indeed I have seen a few posts around the blogsphere where extra figures and things are added by AI not asked for by the originator, some were very odd indeed, not convinced myself yet.
ReplyDeleteSame here , think how you pose your request is important , but I'm not convinced like you.
DeleteI'm currently resisting the rise and reliance on AI at work; it's as if we have been given something that no-one really asked for, and the simple minded are so impressed they have to find a use for it......
ReplyDeleteI'm not impressed by what it produces and I think people are just getting lazy by relying on it. The art work is initially impressive, but soon just looks the same.....
I feel I'm in a minority....
Neil
I'm not sure about our growing reliance on AI at all (see HAL)
DeleteNeil, you're not alone!
DeleteIt's another thing to go wrong in this techno world !
DeleteI may wind up in the rearguard, but I am resisting AI. However, I still follow along with others are doing with it.
ReplyDeleteI'm interested but don't fully know how it works and so cautious.
DeleteIt is a tool which can compliment the pictures of actual toy soldiers. I especially like adding a sky to to a wargame photo which just has my accumulated junk in the background! I am thinking of adding 'weather too. Can I make it rain on the toy soldiers!? We have weather in our (indoor) games so it would be a nice addition to the record.
ReplyDeleteThis is a step further, and not to everyone's taste, but I would like the A.I. also (occasionally) to make toy soldiers naturalistic as it could produce some interesting results. I did this with my drawings based on a game and loved what resulted. I had already interpreted the figures with a pen so why not do it with A.I.? (See my recent blog posts).
So long as people continue to photograph the actual toy soldiers I have no problem with use of A.I. as it offers an exciting extra dimension.
Yes I can see it's advantages as an art tool and as long as we create the original art it's just another medium of art.
DeleteI'm not feeling very confident about the (AI) mission Dave
ReplyDeleteYes , I have no idea how AI really works.
ReplyDeleteI make sure I leave the door propped open .......
ReplyDeleteI think that your "postcards" look awesome, Tony! The soldiers and equipment are really all that I care about, but the rest of the card does a nice job of showing them off!
ReplyDeleteI must admit I'm rather taken with them , even if they are done by AI.
DeleteNot sure about AI yet, there's some great scientific applications, but for everyday usage I've yet to see anything that worthwhile, and so often wrong in our small niche world.
ReplyDeleteThat said, I like the first postcard - I had one of those guns, brilliant toy, but like all my toys, when I left home my mum let other kids play with them and they were all (and I do mean all) broken.
Yes I'm not sure about AI - the jury is out. The Britains howitzer is a classic , I got it cheapish off eBay as it needed a bit of repair work , you hardly ever see the shells that came with it.
Delete