Friday 30 August 2024

A return to 40mm .

 


It's ages since I painted any figures for my Homecast 40mm Prince August SYW-ish collection . These have been sat on my bookcase for years and to make them usable I needed some more to make up a viable unit. 


So I rooted around in my box of moulds and one wet afternoon I cast these up to go with them . I've got them based and undercoated and hopefully will get a start on them next week .


To celebrate the rare appearence of the sun I took the painted ones out onto 'The Great Patio' (which needs weeding) for a photograph. 





10 comments:

  1. Looking good Tony…
    An excellent use of a wet afternoon…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some times theGoddess of Homecasting smiles on me , Cheers Tony

      Delete
  2. Oh yes Tony! Back to your 40mm collection! Of all the aspects of your toy soldier collection, I think that I really enjoy these the most! Your glossy 40mm troops look beautiful and provide the best games that I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words , I do like home casting .

      Delete
  3. They look grand, look forward to seeing the new additions painted up, will make a lovely unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always impressed to see homecast figs coming to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the most detailed figures but they have lots of character.

      Delete
  5. Very nice minis, well done !!!
    Best wishes- Quinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty old sculps but stand the test of time.

      Delete