Sunday 6 February 2022

Nowt much appenin !

 Well there is nothing much to report this week , we are having various renovations done in the house and although I'm not directly involved I'm busy lifting and carrying , tidying up and now doing a bit of decorating , so very little on the wargaming front .



My decorating skills and methods have more to do with 'The Chuckle Brothers' or 'Laurel and Hardy' than Michelangelo - as illustrated here - paint all over my slippers and a pair of trousers (which have now been designated as 'my painting trousers') . My wife took over today so I took the dog out for a long walk , I arrived back to a burst of bad language from the decorating area as she managed to get gloss white paint in her hair (my wife maintains she didn't swear before meeting me !?) (I beg to differ) .


I was sorting out my O.S. FPW figures the other day (re-boxing them) and found I had only 19 Franc Tireurs - strange !? I could have sworn there where 20 ? , I hunted high and low , but I'll be damned if I can find the 20th one (if he ever existed?) - so I hunted through my bits box and found this figure , he's an officer of the Afghan regulars (a Foundry 25mm figure) , as the Franc-Tireurs seemed to wear a mixture of civilian and exotic military uniforms I painted him up as above and he will join the French ranks . I will now probably find the missing figure now !   




10 comments:

  1. You only have 1 pair of decorating trousers?! I have Spring, Summer (shorts) and Autumn ones. Quite a collection of tops that have been paint-spattered over the years. No decorating gets done in the Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a boiler suit for decorating, but I have to get paint on other clothing before putting it on.

      Delete
  2. I like your officer Tony, he cuts quite a dashing figure! We don't paint in the winter either. Can't open the windows when it's below zero here in the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit we normally paint in the summer but we need to get this done and it's quite mild for the time of year in northern England .

      Delete
  3. Last year I painted all of our internal window sills- it all took awhile to do- about over a month of sanding, masking and painting...recently lacquered the timber front door...must admit to owning some cloths that are paint spotted and now no good for ware- just work cloths now. My Cardiologist warned me not to climb ladders...so, painting the entire house again is out of the question...Cheers anyway Tony. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a reluctant decorator and it's the wrong time of year really but it needed doing so work could progress .

      Delete
  4. I just inadvertently created a new set of painting trousers as well. Only it was while painting minis (I often tend to slop something in my lap or on my legs...so normally make sure to wear something already paint-spotted). Ingenious choice for your 21st Franc Tireur :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I use a painting tray my figure paint seems to spread itself all over the tabletop as well - Captain Vingt-et-Unieme he shall be !.

      Delete