Sunday 16 January 2022

Donald Featherstone, one of his lesser know titles .


On Man of Tin blog – Toy soldiers, gaming, Imagi-Nations (wordpress.com) There is an article about Donald Featherstone and his time as a physio at Southampton F.C. and this got me thinking - "I'm sure I've read somewhere he did a book on dancing injuries ? " - I've got to that point in life when I can make things up and start believing in them myself (dementia anyone ?!) so I did a bit of 'Googling' and found the above book ! - So i didn't make it up ! - (I'm so pleased with myself) . For the sake of completeness and that it  has his autograph on the title page I've ordered it off Ebay .





 

12 comments:

  1. Good find - look out for “Advanced Dancing Without Danger”!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "make things up and start believing in them myself"

    Have you considered going into politics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. Might be one of the few occasions when my daughter and I have an interest in the same author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signed - touched by gretaness!
    I believe he wrote this with a professional dancer Rona Allen
    https://www.biblio.com/book/dancing-without-danger-prevention-treatment-ballet/d/208842337

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't collect autographs - but it was to good to pass over .

      Delete
  5. Good find Tony! I love it when I can surprise myself in a positive way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of the few Featherstones I do not have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it for a collective point of view rather than anything else (my ballet days are over)

      Delete