Friday 10 April 2020

The Bridge on the River Qwhy (an abrupt end !)


We left the last episode at the point when Morris Oxford planted and primed the 'Infernal Device' , I decided that I would throw a dice to see when it went off - on a 1 it would fail to go off , 2,3,4,5, when the next Joker was drawn , on a 6 it would explode immediately ! . I rolled the dice and it came up '6' !!!! 'KABOOOOM' ! and it exploded destroying the bridge - and what of Morris Oxford ? . So a success for the fledgling Republic with the main railway line cut and the Sublime Porte's invasion route blocked for the time being , which will allow time for Hellenyk Republic to organise it's armed forces . 

12 comments:

  1. Ending with a bang not a whimper, great game with more to come I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sensational conclusion, Tony! My only complaint is that your photos are too low in resolution. I can't see your wonderful soldiers properly (getting old, don't you know).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm using my phone to take photos and it's not brilliant , will have to look into using my wife's good camera if I can work out how it operates .

      Delete
  3. Huzzah... and stunning visual effects on the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great end to the game - hope Morris got away

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes standard rule of variable events. The least likely result will happen more often than not.

    Still, it looked splendid while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can ALWAYS roll a 6 when you don't want one ! .

      Delete
  6. Lovely game and a big kaboom - great special effects

    ReplyDelete