Sunday 15 July 2018

The Goddess Of Home-Casting Smiles .


Well I've got a new full gas bottle , I found there was a Calor Gas depot on a local industrial estate so I swapped my empty one for a full one. The Goddess of Home casting smiled on me and I got the remaining figures done , spurred on by this I tried casting from a metal Nurnberger Meisterzinn mould , now in the past I've had trouble getting successful figures from these moulds - but I was on a roll today so I got half a dozen figures cast from this mould* - enough to finish off a sub-unit of twelve figures . So next weeks task is to clean up all these castings, base them and give them a black undercoat .
*I've been told pre-heating the mould over the gas helps and it seemed to work today.


2 comments:

  1. Yes Tony I have found the same. Preheating or warming metal moulds does seem to help the metal flow.

    ReplyDelete