Sunday 17 June 2018

Prinz Heinrich von Preußen Fusiliers .


I've cracked on and got the first batch of Prussian Fusiliers painted and varnished . They were relatively easy to paint once I got the first two or three done . I spray them black then paint the figure a darker shade of the required colours - ie a mid grey for the white straps , a buff colour for the yellow etc. . Then I overcoat with the correct shade trying to leave the darker colours for shading , I gave the yellow an extra lighter coat as it's so hard to get yellow right I find .


Prince August have a done a good job with these new wave of figures and they still match the older ranges in style and size . I will have to cast more figures up myself to form the next company so hoping to do that next week.


A close up of one of the Fusiliers , the heads are separate 'plug-in' and you can build Fusiliers , Grenadiers or Tricorned Line Infantry from this basic figure. I enjoy painting 40mm figures , probably because my eyes find it easier to see the details and also they look like 'real' toy soldiers .



13 comments:

  1. They look nice - keep up the good work.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely figures! I often think that were I to start all over again, the Prinz August figures would be just the ticket.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking figures and the painting looks very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! The painting style suits them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coat of yacht varnish helps hid any faults and seems to brighten the colours as well.

      Delete
  5. Great work there- they look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Tony! The close up really highlights your skill with these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , being semi-flat you have to be a bit bolder with the shading I think.

      Delete