Tuesday 1 July 2014

Bolt Action

I'm not a great fan of World War 2 , although some of the first games I ever played 40 odd years ago were WW2  using Airfix figures and kits with Don Featherstone's rules. I have dabbled in Flames of War - Early Desert and although I enjoyed painting the figures the rules are a bit heavy to relearn every time . So when I came across Bolt Action I was intrigued as they looked very simple - using D6 and 28mm figures . I got a copy cheap off Amazon and was impressed by the 'gameyness' of them - very simple but clever mechanisms and the way the squads are activated ideal for solo play . I have decided to build up 2 x 500pts forces to start with , I tend to shy away from the exotic in my gaming so I thought I would do something a bit different this time and have been painting up U.S Airborne 'Screaming Eagles' and German Fallschirmjager . When my camera batteries have recharged there will be photos of my efforts so far !.


No comments:

Post a Comment