With my painting being concentrated on other projects it rather slipped my mind that I'd finally finished of my Brunswick battalion , so I thought I would take a few photos as they went through some drill book manoeuvres . Here we see them marching on in a column of route , with the Lt. Colonel mounted in the lead , Officers and Drummers at the head of each company , Sergeants to the flank with the Colours and Major behind the first company . The parade is being overseen by various members of the Allied Staff .
They now form into a column of Companies , sorry for the rather dull photos - this reflects the unseasonal weather we are experiencing at the moment.
They form into line by the left . Officers and Drummers to the front of their Companies , Sergeants to the rear of them . The Colours take position in the middle of the centre Company , the Major is in front of the Regiment and the Lt. Colonel takes up a position in the rear to oversee direction .
The Regiment prepares to 'Give Fire' , the Officers move to the right of their companies and the Drummers move to the rear next to the Lt. Colonel ready to relay his orders . The Colours have retired behind the centre Company . The Major remains in front of the Regiment - until the order is given ' Give Fire' then he smartly retires through the line to the Colours .
I have been agonising over whether to go from single based figures to multi-based ones . Multi-basing is rather against the grain in my ideas of Old School SYW - but there is also the problem of practicality - bigger bases are much easier and quicker to move about - and store - the single figures seem to get very jumbled and disordered in their box files . I've decided to base the rank and file on bases of six figures - two per Company and keep the Officers, Drummers and Sergeants as single figures . Here we see a heated debate going on about the subject , Uncle Toby (centre red coat) is totally against it, but many of the younger officers like the enhanced manoeuvrability . I've just glued them to the bigger sabot bases with a dab of PVA glue so they can de removed easily if I change my mind - we will see !.