Sunday 31 May 2015

A Blast From The Past ! .


During my recent clear out I came across my Necromunda collection , there has been a thread on the 'Lead Adventure' site commemorating the 20th anniversary of this game - 20 years - good Lord ! is it that long ago !? . This was a boxed game that came with plastic figures and some rather nice clip together terrain . It was set in the grim world of Games Workshop's 40 K and involved various types of gangs trying to claim riches and fortune in a campaign system - a sort of 'Mad Max' without the vehicles. I played it a lot ! as the rules were relatively simple and the gangs gained personalities as the campaign progressed . Above is my 'Esher' (?) girl gang .


The gangs varied in sophistication , above the high tech 'Spyrer' gang , with some of the mutant rats that inhabited the ruins on the table. I was really into it and at one time had a circular 4' table made from a old aluminium road sign 'borrowed' from work which could be rotated on a turntable ! - the secret was to have lots of terrain to hid in . Sadly most of the terrain has been thrown away as storage became a problem.


This underworld was lived in by all sorts of mutants and strange creatures and came from a period when Games Workshop seemed to produce more interesting and varied games . I was going to sell these figures but now I'm wondering if I should get back into Necromunda ? - all the figures are painted but I would need some suitable terrain - going to see if I came find the rule books and have a look at them . (click on photos to enlarge)



8 comments:

  1. It is fun finding stuff especially if it is painted and ready to run...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally forgot about them - bit of my wargaming history , Tony

      Delete
  2. If you are unable to find the Necromunda rulebooks they are available at the YakTribe Community Forum: http://gaming.yaktribe.org/community/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link - going to start looking for them , I'm not sure if I didn't have the rule book in hardback as well (?) , Tony

      Delete
  3. Funny how one looks at things, 20 years seems like a long time but 1995 seems like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it..... these gangs look great and would no doubt enjoy sparring again. Mordheim looks like a good game too along these lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mordeheim was the medieval version of it , Tony

      Delete