Saturday 2 September 2023

Snakes and Ladders SYW Campaign .


I've found and downloaded a campaign system from the Honours of War Forum Home | Honours of War it uses a very clever 'snakes and ladders' campaign tracking system plus a set of 'Fortune Cards' which I will be using for a campaign using my 2D Wofun . Now in the past I have tried and miserably failed running various campaigns , so I will be interested to see if this system works , on the plus side it looks like it will play solo so watch out for the start of "The Silesian Campaign" !


The first day the Prussians take the lead and get a 'Fortune' card .


This will help the General to rally a unit in any forthcoming battle - very useful !


Day Two - the Austrians steal a march on the Prussians (up the ladder) , whilst the Prussians land on a 'Battle ' square and roll a 2 for the scenario - which is St. Urlich - so the Prussians will be attacking and the battle will be fought out on the tabletop .








 

12 comments:

  1. This system was featured in THE PORTABLE WARGAME COMPENDIUM.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that - it seems to be working well so far - I have great hopes for it , Cheers Tony

      Delete
  2. This looks very interesting Tony! It will be great to see how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant stuff: thanks for sharing and bringing it to our attention. As another who is always thinking about getting a campaign off the ground, this is a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased to have found it myself - always on the lookkkkout for simple campaign systems.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to hearing more about this campaign.
    Peter of Grid Based Wargaming blog also ran a couple of S&L based campaigns. here was his latest one https://gridbasedwargaming.blogspot.com/2023/05/an-ancient-mini-campaign-part-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tony - I'm ashamed to admit this, but I visited the HoW site and can't find the campaign system - have they removed it again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://honoursofwar.com/thread/888/honours-war-simple-campaign-system it is in the Forum/scenarios section - a bit hidden I must admit .

    ReplyDelete