Wednesday 20 September 2023

A home game against 'S' and a mystery solved.


After somewhat of a pause I welcomed my wargaming colleague 'S' back to my tabletop for a rousing game of 'Honours of War' .


For once I displayed tactical genius and beat him - well okay I rolled the dice well and 'S' rolled very poorly and him having never played the rules probably helped as well !, but the game was played to finish within 2 hours which is what you want.


'S' recognised the mystery figure I rescued from the grasp of the dog as one he painted many years ago (?) - Robert Broughton's Royalist Regt. of Horse - what a good memory he has !





 

4 comments:

  1. Tony, the gaming room looks splendid!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - luckily it is not evident how untidy below the table is !

      Delete
  2. Always nice to have a friend over for a game Tony! And I agree with Michael, you have some very inspirational and beautiful wargame works of art in your room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real life gets in the way of gaming sometimes. The prints have been gathered rather haphazardly over the years but I like them.

      Delete