Thursday 31 August 2023

2D SYW in action.

 


I was lucky enough to have my old friend 'R' call round the other day whilst he's up visiting family and so we tried out a small meeting engagement using the Wofun SYW  figures and the Osprey ' Honours of War' rules - he took command of the Prussians.


I won't go into details of the game which swung both ways as we each had a few 'dithering Brigadiers which disrupted our plans .


The closing stages of the battle as my Infantry recoil in disorder and are then threated by 'R's Hussars.


Here we see 'R' reorganising his Cavalry , sadly once again as the action grew hot I forgot to take photos - all I'll say is it was a good fun game - and I lost ! 







8 comments:

  1. The Wofun figures look great on the table, I was wondering what they would look like in a game, they work really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they seem to give the right linear warfare impression , it's a pity I forgot to take more photos .

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the report Tony! The figures and table look great! Too bad you lost, but the comradeship is the important thing! I'm glad that you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly should have taken more photos , but it was nice to play an old friend again.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff, they look just right for the period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep being tempted by the Wofun figures, the Peter Dennis artwork is superb but not sure if I'd like them on the tabletop. I really ought to buy a couple of units and see them in the perspex (as it were).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sold on them for ease of use and storage - but I've used flats and semi-flats for a long while and can see they are not to everyone's taste.

      Delete