Thursday 1 February 2024

A forgotten treasure.

I've been having a tidy and clear out of my library, the shelves have become cluttered with many books having to be double stacked- not an ideal arrangement. So I've sorted out the books and a lot which i will never look at again or not now interested in going to various local charity shops. Amongst the books that have surfaced is the above .
I had forgotten about it , but now i recall ordering it from the author himself (in the era when people did that sort of thing) probably via the Wargamers Newsletter, in the early 1970's and what's more the great man has signed it ! . I'm feeling much better now I've decluttered my collection and can actually see and use my library and pleased to have found this treasure and that my unwanted books have gone on to entertain other people.

15 comments:

  1. Always a rush to re-discover a gem like this from another time: definitely a "keeper" and not "clutter"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise Tony! Hard to fathom that the early 1970's were 50 years ago! I'm so glad that you have found such a great piece of your history! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I had totally forgotten about it, glad I found it again.

      Delete
  4. Decluttering seems to be the theme today. And you've found a real gem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is good to have a sort out of what we have - certainly makes for a time to hone in on what is important to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been needing doing for ages , it's just getting motivated.

      Delete
  6. What a find! I've never come across that one - I had his 'All for a Shilling a Day' which is set in the same war - I shall have hunt for a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I ordered it from his Wargaming Newsletter- a LONG time ago.

      Delete
  7. Ah the gems that get lost and the pleasure of re-discovering them.

    ReplyDelete