Tuesday 27 February 2024

Well that didn't go as planned.

 


Well this weekend was going to be devoted to wargaming - it didn't go to planned !.My wife dropped me off to walk the dog and said - "don't do anything silly !" . Whilst walking the dog I slipped on a muddy patch and painfully pulled a muscle in my leg ! , OUCH ! - for a while I thought it was going to be a "go for help Lassie/Charlie" however I managed to right myself and mud bismerched managed to hobble home . I spent the rest of the weekend with my leg elevated and only got back to the game today.The Prussians Cuirrassiers crossed the stream, chased off some Cossacks and clashed with the Russians Dragoons.


On the other flank the Russian Infantry advanced but came under cannister fire as well as flanking fire from the Frei Korps which drove the first line back - when a unit recoils it disrupts the units behind it so this had a detrimental effect on the morale of the following units.


The leading Prussian Grenadier was broken by the Russian artillery and fled , The Cuirrassier broke a Russian Dragoon regiment but had to retire across the stream to reform , the Prussian Brigadier was also a casualty (his replacement is one ability worse - hence the green counter)


On the other flank the Russians got into a right pickle retreating through each other and driving down their own morale - Oh dear ! they need to get a grip ! , to be continued ....
*I did not tell my wife of my accident till she returned - she didn't say anything - but her look confirmed her opinion of my antics.







14 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your accident, not nice! Game nicely poised, looking forward to the seeing the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my fault not watching what I was doing, the game is going the Prussian way I think

      Delete
  2. I've had a couple of falls recently as I get more unsteady- one was at the entry to my Local Hobby shop- my fault entirely as I didn't watch the steps...I've only injured myself once and that was near the first fall - took a month for my knee to right itself. Stay well there Tony. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we get older these bumps and falls take longer to get over ,but it is getting better hopefully.

      Delete
  3. Your wife may have been tempting providence by saying “don’t do anything silly”… If only she had just said “have a nice day” 🤣…
    At least you still got to play with your toys…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is convinced (as it seems with good reason) that I am capable of doing childish and unsuitable things , it's getting better and the game is progressing .

      Delete
  4. Just gave myself a badly contused toe by not watching where I was going for a second and also have been in the sit and elevate mode (and I wasn't even out with the dog--the furniture will jump out at you if you take your eye off of it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those chairs are ace preditors - you have to watch them constantly

      Delete
  5. Not surprised you slipped whilst out walking. The ground is sodden everywhere, even down here in the relatively dry south east. I slipped at the weekend crossing a little wooden bridge (I was walking around the wettest patch immediately in front of it and approached at an angle and ended up slipping with one foot in the stream, so I ended up wet anyway). The weekend before my wife tried to jump over a puddle and ended up doing the splits with her trailing leg in the water. 🙄
    Now, nuff said. The battle is looking good. It could go either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has ben a very wet month or two - footpaths are like the Somme - the battle is progressing !

      Delete
  6. Sorry about the fall and hope it is temporary and your back on your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your fall Tony, but you certainly seem to be on the mend and that's good! Time spent at the war game table is always a good cure for what ails you!! Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete