Wednesday 7 February 2024

I break the unbreakable !.

Well we are without the Internet again, EE much vaunted "unbreakable wifi" (see TV ads) has broken, the hybrid hub they sent to boost the 4G signal suddenly stopped working about a week ago , spoke to their technical team-who basically said the hybrid hubs are s**te if you live in a rural area and seeing I was my broadband activation day wasn't far off it wasn't worth sending out an engineer. Yesterday I was out but received a flurry of text messages saying my broadband was activated! , on returning home I found it wasn't! .I rang them and a cheerful youngman said sort of 'congratulations your wifi is working' and was some what nonplussed when I told him it wasn't!. He did tests and found it wasn't and it appears it is the phone line in that is at fault (don't want to sound clever but I privately thought that, we've had issues with this before) , so an Openreach (spawnof the devil) engineer is coming to check it out ........ to be continued

16 comments:

  1. Disaster! Well it leaves you free for some good old "analog" gaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily we still have our phones for mobile banking etc , but it's hard to be creative on my phone

      Delete
  2. I live in a rural area and have Gigaclear. Their hubs are rubbish too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- what rotten luck. Hope it will be all fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually they will, but a endless process must be got through first.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear this Tony. Perhaps this time the fix will last! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's bad enough that someone must become the home IT department nowadays, but even worse that fixes usually must come from "providers"--who don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably a simple fix when someone finally gets around to it.

      Delete
  6. We were without our internet for about 3-4 months pending OpenReach sorting out the link to our new house. Luckily the BT Mini-hub worked, albeit a bit temperamental, but then we're not really rural.
    Loved the 'Stewie' captures so well how one feels these days when going cold-turkey off-line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Openreach have a very poor reputation around here , to be fair EE/BT have been helpful and have given me unlimited data on my phone till the problem is fixed , but it is hard to be creative blogwise on my phone.

      Delete
    2. Best thing then is to give the blogging a rest and paint up a big batch for a spectacular post when you're back online.

      Delete
    3. My painting is progressing very well ! , there's a bright side to everything

      Delete
  7. "Openreach"...sounds so reassuring and helpful.
    Let's see what happens...

    ReplyDelete