Tuesday 29 August 2023

2D Austrians - Army in a box (well 2 boxes)

 


As mentioned in my last post here is my 2D Wofun Austrian SYW Army . To start with - the Infantry-8 Battalions , I want a similar sized force to the Prussians so I can do the 'Tabletop Teaser' type scenarios , again 5 artillery pieces , the guns themselves are printed MDF which glue together and can be a bit fiddly to get right - not to everyones taste and some people replace them with metal 28mm models.


The Grenz Border Infantry, I have 4 units each of 4 bases as the Austrians had a definite advantage with these troops.


The Cavalry , 2 units of Dragoons , 2 of Cuirassier and a combined Horse Grenadier unit.


2 units of Hussars , with a suitably flamboyant General .


Some of the General Staff .


How things fit in the boxes - bottom layer of 4 Infantry units and the Artillery 


A layer of foam and another 4 units with room for the Grenz or General figures to the right . The Cavalry fit in the other box in a similar fashion . As you can tell I'm a bit of a fan-boy when it comes to Wofun , the only thing I would caution anybody ordering from them is - keep your orders below £100-£120 to avoid Import Tax , they seem to turn around orders within the week which seeing they are coming from Romania is very good indeed , they are delivered by DPD and I've had no problems with any of my orders . I hope to blog some of the games I'm having using these figures using 'Honours of War' rules.















10 comments:

  1. More wonderful Wofun figures, keep them coming.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them a lot, really cracking looking army, really looking forward to seeing them in battle! Good tip about avoiding import duty, always a real bugbear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't got caught myself but have heard it can be a problem sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Another beautiful army Tony! The Grenz and command figures are especially impressive! I hope you get time to game with them soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's remembering to take the photos whilst gaming - I get carried away and forget !

      Delete
  4. Romania? I had visited their online store, but had no idea that they were based in Romania! Not that it makes much difference when shopping on the interwebs (so long as the store is in English). Good to know, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Romania and a better mail order service (within te week) than many companies nearer home.

      Delete
  5. Great to see, I really enjoy assembling my forces. For my first game Mollwitz I used Andy Callan’s rules with a couple of tweaks and was pleasantly surprised how well they played. But I did use the HOW ‘activation’ system. Looking forward to more on this project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have used both sets with success - assembly is very quick and simple.

      Delete