Saturday 7 March 2020

1809 Campaign using Command & Colors .


Having got the Austrian expansion to the C&C Napoleonic box 'A' and myself have decided to play through the 1809 campaign . I will be keeping a running score of the 'Victory Banners' for each game to see who ultimately wins campaign . 'A' is playing the French , the Austrians by yours truly .


The first battle is a small one in Northern Italy , historically the Austrians won . However I lost 5-1 ! getting most of my cavalry killed as well as my C in C . 
CAMPAIGN SCORE 
FRENCH - 5
AUSTRIANS - 1


6 comments:

  1. Hopefully the Austrians can learn from this early setback and do better in the coming campaign. I have played a few games of C&C but we always use figures - how about you and"A"? I look forward to following the progression of your campaign, how many individual battles does it comprise ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'A' plays C&C Ancients using 15mm figures and has plans to do the same in Napoleonics , I will be sticking to using the blocks not having any suitable figures . There are 15 scenarios although the bigger battles are broken down into smaller games - Wagram I think has 4 scenarios I think.

      Delete
  2. That looks interesting as game, very nice layout and compact. Please tell us more after having played some battles, how the rules are - that would be kind.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a late convert to the C&C system , starting originally with the Ancient sets and have recently moved on to the Napoleonic one . The games are quick to set up and take about 1 hour to play , once you have mastered the C&C system it is relatively easy to play other games in the system . It's ideal for playing against my friend 'A' who calls in for a game over his lunch break .

      Delete
  3. Off to a good start! Sounds like a fun undertaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to blame the dice rolls and fall of the cards for my abysmal performance . . . . .

      Delete