Monday 12 February 2018

The Quest For Royal Horse Artillery .


I have been considering adding a Battery of R.H.A. to my Allied force but have been unable to find a suitable plastic set of figures , I thought I would have to go with metal - then I realised that the Napoleonic R.H.A. uniform was similar but would need a head swap to busbies . I got the above Airfix R.H.A. set off EBay which comes with a couple of guns and a limber .


They have a lot of flash and mould lines but otherwise are nice figures , the guns are a bit chunky but will do . I fitted a brand new scalpel blade especially to clean these up ---


and stabbed myself in the finger end !!!!! , I will draw a veil over the language which was disgraceful !.


Having made the blood sacrifice to the gods of gaming I started decapitating the British figures and these are the head donors - Italeri French Napoleonic Guard Artillery with the required busbies . I am waiting till the finger stops bleeding before the delicate job of head swapping ........




8 comments:

  1. Ouch! Been there; done that. Have the scars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good man. Would now be a bad time to mention that Tumbling Dice do a set...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did think of them but wanted to keep it all plastic if I can .

      Delete
  3. What wargamer worth his old salt doesn't have a few scars?

    That RHA set is an old favourite! This should turn out well, just remember that you are chopping off heads not fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought "a new blade , I'll have to be careful with that" !

      Delete
  4. Airfix Napoleonics - wonderful. Looking forward to seeing the end product. Good luck with the 1000 mile challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangely I never had this set when younger , I am getting my mileage in - just ! the weather isn't helping .

      Delete