Sunday 4 February 2018

The Body Beautiful.

The more astute readers may have noticed this appearing on my blog and thought - "he's finally cracked".


A ex work colleague  mentioned this challenge to me over Christmas - and of course I mocked him - my default setting when exercise is mentioned , he had done it in 2017 and he thought I should do it - I mocked further ! and then thought - hang on ! - that's only about 3 miles a day - I do that walking the dog ! . I accepted the challenge and borrowed a pedometer , which proved to complicated for my techno challenged brain , so I ordered my own simpler version . This meant I have started a month late so I have to walk on average 3 miles a day - not very far - but It's each and every day and I'm not wearing the pedometer whilst I'm in the house or walking around to the shop , only when I'm actually walking he dog . The main thing is  - I GET TO WEAR A BADGE !  . I will up date my millage every week or so and we will see how I do ! . 



13 comments:

  1. Well done!
    I am tempted to sign up for this myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. The Grand Duchess bought me a pedometer two years ago, and I've never used it. Also very tempted to try this myself. In the meantime, walk on as Ross mentioned above.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick is I'm told is be consistent and do the mileage every day or a little more and use the miles extra as a backup .

      Delete
  3. Always an issue with a "sit down with a nice cup of tea" sedentary hobby. Best of luck with this challenge. Henry Hyde has been doing some exercise videos for sedentary gamers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing your mileage clock up ...... is there a facility to add a mileometer to the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be doing it weekly (?) and it will appear under the banner on the right column - stands at 19.5 at the moment from the five days since I started.

      Delete