Monday 19 February 2018

Strange Searches On Google .


One of the interesting things about our hobby is the strange subjects and paths of enquiry it leads us down , so it was I found myself looking at pictures of Japanese kimonos to paint up a female figure for my 'Test Of Honour' Samurai project. The one thing that struck me was how bloody complicated they are both in pattern and design with lots of complicated folds and pleats , needless to say I chose a simple one to paint onto my figure . It took two attempts to get it half right, the problem is the designs disappear into the folds and  getting the general layout of the flowers on the dress to look right was hard work . Japanese Geisha's also painted their faces white (another Google search) and sort of drew their eyebrows, lips etc. onto this background . I'm glad I've got it done and equally glad I haven't a unit of them to do ! . Starting painting Royal Horse Artillery for the Crimea an altogether simpler subject next . 

7 comments:

  1. That really is very good indeed. I tip my digital hat to your patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work!

    You should be about ready now to tackle a few units of early Achaemenid Immortals in dress robes now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to lie down in a darkened room for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some very patient and careful painting. The end result is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased with the way it came out , now for some simpler figures and colour schemes .

      Delete
  5. The figure looks splendid! Great job on it. Could you say me, from which producer the figure is and what scale?
    Peter

    ReplyDelete