Wednesday 4 January 2017

Back To The Plastic .


Have had a touch of 'Man Flu' picked up no doubt from my in-laws at Christmas and have been feeling rough enough not to want to be bothered to paint ! (now I MUST have been feeling rotten ! ) However feeling a bit better today I started to wonder what to paint next , as I had nothing cleaned and undercoated ready I had to sit down with a cup of tea (and biscuits) and have a think . One of my pledges to myself was NOT to start any new projects in 2017 - so I have plenty of unfinished ones to go at !. I finally decided to do another regiment for my TYW 1/72nd plastic armies , so I sorted out a couple of boxes for another unit for my Bohemian Protestant army - the 'White Regiment' I think !. So this evening sees me cutting, trimming and basing plastic figures and I'm quite looking forward to the prospect !.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I had wondered about those. Are they any good? I'm going to be dabbling in the ECW this year and was casting around for likely candidates for cavalry - has MARS improved?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a 'certain' style which I like but may not be to everyones taste, some of the TYW range may look a bit early for ECW, Tony

      Delete
  2. No new projects in 2017? I salute your optimism. I'll be looking forward to seeing these TYW chaps done. Happy New Year btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's the 5th and NO new projects so far ! , really want to get this project and my plastic Crimean armies finished this year , Tony

      Delete
  3. I stand anxiously on the sideline to see how your "No New Projects" works out. That is a tough resolution to keep unless, of course, we play with the definition of what constitutes a New Project!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It maybe wishful thinking, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts, Tony

      Delete