Sunday 21 December 2014

Brunswick Regt. Von Zastrow and a couple of 'Shandian' Characters.


Have pushed on and got the first company of my Brunswick infantry regiment done spurred on by the recent battle using my 40mm SYW-ish figures . I find that playing with a figure collection gets me wanting to paint more .


The yellow shafted pole-arms are my own invention - sick of painting boring brown ones ! - and the Prussians used coloured ones  . As the weather is rather cold , wet and grey I think I will be waiting for the new year and better weather before venturing out to my shed to cast up some more.


I've also finished off these couple of characters from the novel 'Tristram Shandy' . Parson Yorick on the left and Doctor Slop on the right . Both have been sat on my painting tray for ages , they are converted 40mm 'Sash and Saber' figures from their FIW range - Dr Slop could have been a bit fatter I think .



4 comments:

  1. Excellent troops, and I love the characters. Dr. Slop is brilliant (is that a home sculpted wig?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a 'green stuff' wig , did try and add a rather fat belly to him - but it didn't look right , Tony

      Delete
  2. Agreed! Great figures and painting for both the unit and characters. 40mm just has that certain something about it.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odisha Board Textbooks work to promote the advancement of education in general. Here, we bring you the Odisha Board Primary Textbooks for classes 1-5. We have Odisha 7th Class e-Books collected and aggregated the textbooks, so that students can easily access and study them. The language used in the bse odisha textbooks are simple and lucid.

    ReplyDelete