Saturday 10 August 2024

Two Armies in a Box

 


Many years ago - I was going to say 20 - but I fear it is more like 40 , there was a idea touted in various modeling/wargaming magazines (when we still bought magazines) about having 2 opposing armies in a box and the idea was this limited the collection to what would fit into the box . I never got around to doing this - but several years ago I bought this box off the Perrys , it has sat in 'storage' under the wargaming table , I recently recovered it and thought "Two Armies in a Box" !


The box contains the above models, a cabin, fencing and a set of simple rules - "Two Armies in a Box" 


The box and the rules , which are simple but quaint , the box is a suitable boxfile.


I'd already glued up and painted two of the eight infantry units , so we are up and running ! 


What ever box needs - a label and here are the two respective Generals , I will report back as more progress is made - rather looking forward to this project as it has a definate end in sight ! 











12 comments:

  1. I seem to remember that Minifigs had this idea using their 15mm range back in the day. Epic Battles and the Perry's have (finally!) jumped on the bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start and it is a great concept, everything you need in the one box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's the thery - stops you adding more - and more !

      Delete
  3. Next step, include a half pint of whiskey and two shot glasses in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a cracking box set Tony…
    And the rules aren’t that bad either…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots in it and the rules look interesting as well.

      Delete
  5. Your painted figures look great Tony! It reminds me of the playsets that were made by such firms as Spenkuch and Marx! Everything needed for having a battle was included in one box! I look forward to seeing your progress with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I had 2 of the Marx 30mm plastic battle sets, factory painted, printed battlefield, terrain, no rules though, just your imagination and what you could get your friend to agree with.....

    Your figures look surprisingly good to me, (given their size, I would expect no less from the painter.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea that there are only so many to paint, 28mm is my lower limit sizewise nowadays I think.

      Delete