Friday 16 August 2024

Fifty shades of grey (and blue)

 


I have got started with my new project , I already had a couple of units painted up already. I am just painting the bases very generically with no unit specific uniforms - so the Confederats are in various shades of grey/butternut . (GRR ! I've just noticed the standard of this unit has got bent ! - I hate it when this happens - and EVEN more so when I take a photo of them and not notice it !)


A generic Union Regiment - without a bent standard . There are four Infantry units per side , so I will be cracking through these pretty fast I think.


There are two guns and crew per side all in plastic - here's the first Confederate one .




And here is the Union one . I do like glueing together the plastic Perry figures - takes me back to making  model aircraft many years ago. 


Here is a better view of the two Commanding Generals . I'm enjoying getting these two forces together and will post any further development next week.





 









8 comments:

  1. Looking good Tony…
    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking along at a grand pace, this project will be on the table in no time!! Looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , yes they are easy figures to paint , very basic uniforms .

      Delete
  3. They all look great Tony! Your painting skills are excellent and you do it so very quickly! I can't wait to see the whole set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments, I've always enjoyed painting ACW figures, so I'm getting through these quickly.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful looking soldiers.and photography.

    ReplyDelete