Tuesday 16 January 2024

Toy Soldiers in Art No. 13

This photo was sent to me by a colleague which he found on the Internet somewhere, the small boy is looking at homecast semi-flat figures whilst wearing what seems to be a British WW2 forage cap which would probably date it to the 1930s or 40s ? . Not sure of the significance of the newspaper/ magazine in the upper corner. PS still no Internet as such, the issue being with BT not the provider (so we are doomed) Hopefully things will progress this week , fingers crossed

4 comments:

  1. Interesting photo Tony! It does seem to be staged with some purpose in mind. A mystery perhaps, but pictures of toy soldiers are always appreciated! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your Internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's an odd one , I must contact my friend who sent it me to find out where he got it from.

      Delete
  2. Great picture! Reminds me of .... well, .....me! Pity there is no visible/legible date on the newspaper,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I tried enlarging it as well , I Googled 'The Bullitin' and it seems there was an Australian magazine called that !?

      Delete