Saturday 18 February 2023

Portrait of the artist as a young man.


Came across these photos of myself whilst cleaning up the files on my computer - my beard was darker then and it's in my old wargaming room (before I got married) so it must be about 25 years ago ? . Obviously my opponent must have taken this photo of me , I think it might be a 15mm Napoleonic game maybe ? 


This one I think is a little older and it's of myself and 'S' with his stall at the now defunct Northern Militaire show I think - both are beards are definitely not that colour now ! , I must ask 'S' if he has any idea of the date.



 

8 comments:

  1. You don't look much different today Tony- perhaps a little grayer. Good to see older photos- they bring back a lot of good memories. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly I've lost weight since then but the beard has gone grey now .

      Delete
  2. You looked like you were having a great time with toy soldiers back then Tony and you still are today! The big improvement is that now you can share all of the fun with us! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was all pre-internet then , I can't remember why I was using a pair of binoculars for though ?

      Delete
  3. Thick dark hair and beard - those were the days. All long gone but still not got myself a dedicated wargames room - you're a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hair and beard are still there but thinner and greyer and I'm lucky I still have a wargaming room .

      Delete