Wednesday 27 May 2020

Well ! - that only took 20 years to finish ! .



About twenty years ago I snapped my Achilles tendon and was off work for nearly six month , during that time I painted a lot of figures including some for other people . With the money I acquired I bought a couple of 28mm Foundry Nordic Bronze Age armies - this was the time when Foundry used to do 'buy one army - get the second half price' , they were very good deals indeed ! I really enjoyed painting them up , they were not the most colourful army , but I did quite a lot of research on the period and they were very nice figures . I finally finished painting them last year - then in a clear out the other week I found another blister of 'Bronze Age Civilians' - so I thought I'd better finish off this project which had dragged on for so long. The last off them are illustrated above - 'Phew finally done !'




12 comments:

  1. Well done... A project completed, and they are particularly nice figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely figures beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn’t do to rush these things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always kinda wanted to go there but was afraid of getting too into it!

    I think 40 years is the longest I've ever had figures wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great painting of the Perry Figures - well done Tony. Sometimes things are better for the wait- they turned out great! Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev , yes it's taken some time but finally finished now .

      Delete
  6. Lovely toys Tony...
    Surely you mean...Finished for the moment.

    It indeed took me a while to start painting mine... probably about 20 years 😂

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete